COMPLETIONS - EOR
Ron Boyd has the following opportunity on behalf of a friend at Kinder Morgan:
Kinder Morgan CO2 company seeks a senior Completions Engineer in Houston, to support our CO2 development team that is currently focussed in the SACROC field.
Location: West Texas
The successful candidate would be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Initiate and analyze current EOR production operations, workover and completion methods to co-develop innovative and reliable completion and workover programs
- Provide supportive supervisory oversight of the execution of such well work
- Provide detailed project cost estimates and AFE’s, as required
- Provide technical assessment of wellbore integrity of existing TA’d and PA’d wellbores
- To initiate performance optimization studies involving workover and completion strategies
- To provide technical due-diligence regarding potential acquisition of new fields with the ongoing objectives as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to frequently present findings to senior management, clearly articulate (and defend) recommended courses of action, and be able to align with EHS, technical and business drivers.
- Provide technical leadership in wellbore construction of downhole hardware, cementing, perforating, and stimulations.
- Develop solutions for optimizing artificial lift (in particular, large submersible pumps).
- Initiate, co-develop and support a consistent reservoir/production data management strategy.
- 20+ years of experience as production engineering in secondary/tertiary floods, with high level of field exposure.
- Solid experience and expertise with oil production diagnostics, design and optimization, including well stimulation, artificial lift (submersible and surface) and wellbore management. Must have an ability to understand and integrate geological, reservoir, and production analysis into completion programs.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills for interfacing with multifunctional E&P teams and management on multiple projects. Strong project management skills with the ability to clearly define scope, objectives and activities as well as understand the importance of measuring results. Solid logic skills and bias towards action.
- Experience and expertise in productivity analysis, nodal analysis, well test analysis, well-log interpretation (CBL’s, calipers, GR/Neutron, etc).
- Highly computer literate inclusive of MS-Office products.
- 35 to 40% travel to West Texas.
- Ability to work in a team, using developed influence skills. Must be able to take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details and follow rules.
- Professional engineering registration with advanced degree.- Experience in DSS, Petra production software, Lawson financial systems, Well file Data Entry software a plus.
Anyone wishing to apply please email a resume to Ron Boyd.